Monday, January 19, 2009

Crafty Boy

Ethan has been very creative around the house over the last week. First we baked bread from scratch. Ethan loved kneading the dough and watching it rise. His second favorite task was punching down the dough but his favorite thing was eating his bread. The entire week we ate bread and every time he saw the loaf he exclaimed, "I made that!"

We of course had to bake cookies two days later. Natural progression. His favorite things were spooning the dough and licking the beaters. It is nice making everything eggless- no threat of salmonella poisoning. Bring on the cookie dough!

Finally, Ethan loves to paint. The green monster though now loves to paint his hand and put hand prints on everything. He is very respectful about waiting until he nearly done painting before he makes a total mess. It is hilarious!

The only other news here was I fell on the ice last week and bruised my placenta. The good news is there is no sign of abruption. The truth is Ethan also jumped on my stomach so I think that is the bruising they saw. The ultrasound showed though that the baby looks great! Getting very big and is very active. I can even feel it kick now. So, other than agitating my back, everything is fine and the baby is growing as expected.




Big helper in the kitchen



Look what I made!




Eating his bread



The green monster

1 comment:

Paige said...

Ouch!!! I am clutching my stomach just thinking of your pain. Sorry to hear about yoru placenta. Wowza.