Alex two weeks old
Summer fun at "Ethan's Beach"
Alex and Grandma Lucy
It's another Buckeye!
"Momma! I do it myself!"
Alex is officially three weeks old today and has grown and changed so much already. At our weight check appointment last week he already weighed 9lbs 2 oz which was a 1 lb 5 oz gain in six days! No failure to thrive in this family! He already seems to be giving his first little (non-gas) smiles in the last two days. His big gummy grin is adorable. He is sleeping and eating like a champ! I only half joke with Patrick that he will make a perfect middle child.
Ethan is doing great! He is definitely Mom's little helper and loves talking to his baby brother in the cutest little voice I have ever heard. He has his attention seeking moments like when he asks for his milk in a bottle, for a diaper and to be changed on the changing table, and my favorite, for a pacifier. I guess we all have our moments. He continues to entertain us daily though with the things he says and does. My favorites for this week were when Grandma Lucy was visiting. She was telling him all the things he could do after dinner and when she was finished he said, "Otherwise, Grandma can go do it." He also likes to tell us and show us how big and strong he is. One morning while on the potty he said, "Momma, I'm growing up." Me: "Yes Ethan." Ethan: "I can have gum." Me: "Um, NO." Ethan: "Um, Think about it." This kid cracks me up!
Grandma Lucy was here for the past week and helped so much! We all had a great visit and Ethan of course loved all the attention. I loved watching Grandma drink a beer. Yes, she drank the first full beer of her life and actually had another the next night. Cheers and thank you Grandma Lucy!
Today is my first day solo with the boys and at the expense of a shower have found time to blog. Priorities. Now it is time for laundry. Then maybe a shower :)
No comments:
Post a Comment