He is such an amazing little guy! At two years, four and a half months old, and the youngest kid in the three year old class, he was a superstar going to school! He has been waiting for this day to come for months. We have rehearsed and memorized the schedule, the teachers names, and the rules. We prepped his box with extras and his allergy kit. Finally, Patrick and I surprised him yesterday with a personalized Lightning McQueen backpack and lunchbox.
This morning we woke up to, "Ma----ma!, Da----ddy, I'm waking up! I go to school today!"
He was ready. He had a breakfast fit for any two year old, two cinnamon rolls and a yogurt and was dressed and ready to walk at 8:15. He strapped on his backpack, just like Daddy, and we were on our way. We all walked him to school. When we arrived he jumped out of the stroller, asked for his backpack, gave Daddy a kiss and quickly climbed the stairs to the door. Ethan proudly marched inside saying hello to Ms. Christina and Ms. Rose. After taking of his jacket and hanging it in his locker he immediately sat down and began playing with some dinosaurs. He never looked back once. After talking briefly to his teacher I had to ask him for a kiss and I said goodbye. He said, "Goodbye Momma, you pick me up after nap." And that was that.
As I walked out the door with three crying kids coming in I could do nothing but smile. We are so proud of our strong, brave, and brilliant little guy.
I will pick him up at three and tonight we will celebrate with dinner from Old McDonald's!
Wow! A new backpack!
Ready for school
First day of school breakfast - Don't take my picture Mom!
Daddy and Ethan with their backpacks
Ethan at school
P.S. Alex is doing great! Talking and laughing more by the day. He can also roll over proficiently from either side to his back and from his belly to his back. Still growing like a weed. He is such a good baby. We have truly been blessed with two amazing little guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment