Wednesday, June 6, 2007

8 weeks old- tomorrow

I can not believe it has been 8 weeks since this little bundle of heaven came into the world! Sometimes it seems like yesterday, other days it seems like we have had him forever. He goes to the doctor Monday for his two month checkup and shots- ouch! He is so big I can't wait until we find out his new stats- height, weight, etc. He is such a happy boy. Smiling and laughing all the time, even in his sleep. It is truly amazing how no matter what is happening in your day that one big smile can just make you stop dead in your tracks and put everything in the world into perspective.

I am already dreading going back to work. Yesterday as Ethan was nodding off on my chest I started thinking about taking him to daycare and dropping him off that first day. I couldn't even do it in my visualization! I started crying and then laughing at how much of a mush I have become. God be with me on Monday when he gets his shots. Mom will probably have more tears than Ethan. I think if he could talk he would tell me to suck it up- he's a strong little man.

Speaking of... the King just woke up and wants to eat- NOW.

1 comment:

Emmie said...

So glad he is doing well! Love the pics.... keep them comming!
8 weeks? Time sure does fly doesn't it! I remember so long ago when you were always over playing tea party or dress up with me or taking me to the zoo. It seems like just yesterday! And now look at ya...a beautiful wife and MOM...to your adorable little son! :) WOW! Sending hugs...