I was reminded this evening of how innocent, gentle, and kind hearted our little boy is.
Tonight I read his bedtime stories and just as we were getting ready to get into the rocker to say prayers and snuggle, the dogs started barking. After winding down this startled both of us. Ethan settled back down and drank his milk. I said goodnight and put him to bed. Just as I got to the stairs the dogs began to bark again. Ethan was hysterical, startled and scared. I ran back upstairs.
I decided that it would be a perfect evening to snuggle with my son and rock him to sleep, which at this age normally only happens when he is not feeling well. I rocked him for quite awhile, thinking the whole time about life and everything that has been on my mind. His little body relaxed as if he were asleep.
As he laid on my chest, I gave him a big hug and whispered, "I love you Buddy." He then picked his head up off my shoulder, took out his pacifier and gave me a big kiss. I whispered, "Thank you Buddy." After giving me another kiss he went into his crib and went to sleep.
As you can imagine, my eyes were filled with tears and I was reminded again of how complete my life truly is.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment