1. Don't leave your child unattended in the next room while you are running late making lunch for daycare. Even if you think he is just washing his hands for the tenth time or (only acceptable because we were running late) unrolling the toilet paper. He did say "PAPER!". I have learned that if you underestimate the child who is starting to potty train he will not only lift the lid of the toilet seat, unravel all the toilet paper, but also put ALL the "PAPER!" in the toilet. Thank God we haven't mastered the flush. Secondary learning experience, keep rubber gloves at home for "fishing expeditions".
2. That door knob child protection is available and should be used. Ethan can not only open and close doors, he can do it to any door in the house. Ethan knows where the dog treats are in the pantry. He decided to get the dog treats and "Treat" Emma to God only knows how many fat patties. If you are asking yourself where I was, I was 10 feet away in the kitchen! The kid is CIA material. Stealth like. I should have been suspicious of the dogs being more than eager to endure Ethan's abuse, I mean love.
3. Don't listen to a single darn book or chart that tells you what level your kid is at or what they should be doing. That works for the first eight weeks of the eating, sleeping, and pooping schedule (yes, I said poop. I swore I never would but try to get Ethan's French teacher to understand what a bowel movement is, or to try to tell your one year old "YEAH- You had a bowel movement on the big boy toilet!" Yes, I said poop.) This kid thinks he is five. He wants to play with the kindergartners and older kids who live around us. As he says, "NO Babies". We also now need to move him to the big bed. He is eating his crib and knows how to scale the side.
Forget getting my Masters, I need to do more homework on raising an independent, strong-willed little man!
4 comments:
Ethan has a french teacher ?!?
I can so relate! lol
Lu is the same way - we take him to "Keiki O Ka Aina" pre-school 2 days a week, but he wants to chase after the elementary school kids on the other playground!!! He thinks he's an 8 yr old already. And absolutely refuses to sit in his high chair at mealtimes. He'[s gotta have a real chair like the rest of the fam!
Oh, yeah - and he can climb outta his "Pack n Play" crib. Ye gads... When I lay him down to sleep, he'll play possum for a couple minutes, and then come trotting out of the bedroom, all smiles like he just returned from Mt. Everest or something.
Post a Comment