Friday, July 24, 2009

One Month

Alex is celebrating his one month birthday today. He is growing like a weed! A very cute little weed though. He is eating a ton and by my scientific weight method (Mommy stepping on scale without baby and then with baby) he weighs 12.2 lbs! Yes, folks that is a 4.2 lb weight gain in one month. It is no wonder though. He eats 5 ounces every two hours during the day. I feel like a dairy farm with all the pumping I am doing to keep up! He is very bright eyed and is tracking objects very well. He loves tummy time and is very strong. He still prefers sleeping in his car seat but is getting too big. Patrick and I are going to suck it up tonight, prepare to lose sleep, and yes, make him sleep flat on his back. I will let you know how that goes.

Ethan is still the same old "Entertainer of the Year". Grandma Hurford is visiting this week and Ethan is loving the audience. At the park yesterday two approximately 8 year old kids gave Ethan the peace sign saying, "Peace, Dude." Ethan without missing a step held up his own fingers and replied, "Two." Then proceeded to count to ten for them and then once again showing them his fingers saying "Two". No intimidation here. The quote of the week however is once again a potty story. So this morning while Ethan is on the potty he says:

Ethan: "I'm a boy and you are a girl."
Mom: "That's right."
Ethan: "Daddy's a boy. He is a big boy."
Mom: "Daddy is a man"
Ethan: "No, Momma. Daddy's SUPERMAN!"

How cute is that!

Everything else is great. We are having a lot of fun with the boys and have been spoiled with Grandmas here two weeks in a row. Thank you Grandmas!



Alex One Month- aka Butterball



That's what Big Brothers are for!



Fun at the Park



Grandma Hurford and Alex



The Boys

1 comment:

Paige said...

You're giving me hope that it can be done. We're full force potty training over here and I'm about to go BANANAS! We have good days and bad. Looks like you have a lot going on! We need to find a time to come visit you this next month when your visitor pool dries up. Great update!