Alex is 8 months and two weeks old today and is walking (March 10). He has been walking with one hand support for a few weeks but took two steps yesterday. I don't think that is official but after he took 8 steps unsupported tonight I think we are in trouble. When Ethan walked at 8 and half months we were so proud. I am very proud of Alex but also know the hell of having a baby walking. Baby-proofing nightmare! He has no concept of the word "no", loves the fireplace and dog bowls, is very very quiet, and has an older brother who occasionally throws in a hip check just to see a fall. I may just have to pad a room.

Can't take your eyes off him!

Just teasing!
He is adorable. His chubby little arms and legs lurching in the Frankenstein walk are so precious. He also waves bye-bye with a flailing arm. I call him my little Mush. He is 24lbs (weight at 7 and a half months) and is wearing 18 and 24 month clothes. His little baby face, two front teeth, and peach fuzz hair give him the perfect combination of a handsome and charming little snuggle bug chubb.

Look at my two front teeth.
I have also discovered he does say "Ma Ma" except he says "Na Na". Well, he actually screams "NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA!" when he wants me. It finally hit me one day when we kept saying it and stopping when I picked him up. He is quite the Na Na's boy now too. Ethan now says, "Momma, you can hold/carry/feed two guys." Yes, I can! Although I am due for a vacation...

Mad at Momma face
Ethan is hysterical. The things he does everyday that are hysterical can not be captured in their entirety. I can only highlight...
-At school he made his girlfriend cry by refusing to play with her after they spent the first two hours of the day together. When he stopped talking to her and made her cry the teacher asked him what the problem was. He told the teacher that he was done with her.
-At school they are learning the Pledge of Allegiance. The teacher told them to put their hands over their hearts. He yells out, "That's not our heart, that's our boobies!"
-Ethan throws water on me while I'm getting Alex out of the bathtub and proceeds to do a cannonball in the water. I, of course, start to reprimand him at which point he puts his hands out in front of him and calmly says, "Now, settle down Momma, just settle down." Seriously? I had no further comments.
-Ethan is very frustrated with me not letting him get a giant bowl of water to put on the floor and says, "UHHHHHH...One of these days...You just don't understand!"
-After dinner we are sitting at the table and Ethan reaches over and grabs my purse. He pulls out my little zippered wallet which has a picture of the boys on the front and says, "Momma, I love your wallet." He then fully examines it, turns it around, hugs it, heck, he may have even smelled it. I see this smile creep onto his face and he bursts out laughing and says, "I want your money!"
-Patrick was giving the boys a bath and after pulling Alex out Ethan jumped into Alex's bath seat (Ethan protection device). Patrick told him to get out. Ethan didn't move. Patrick, in a harsh voice, tells him to get out again. After Ethan is out Patrick begins to explain that standing in the seat is dangerous and he could get hurt. Ethan responds under his breath, "If I can't, I can't. I don't care why."
Oh, how the list goes on and on and on...

Brotherly love- It truly is amazing how, at such a young age, these two guys truly love and adore each other. Give them time.
1 comment:
darling....they grow up so fast....I can't believe Daniel will be 4 next month.....you have your hands full....enjoy it! ;)
See you soon....
S*
Post a Comment