Tuesday, March 30, 2010

9 Months

I can hardly believe it but Alex is already 9 months old. He is 25lbs, 29 inches tall, and his head is as big as Ethan's. 95th percentile for weight and head, 75th for height. I don't know where this kid gets his size but, as the doctor put it laughing as she walked in to examine him, he is huge! His look is starting to change though. He only gets cuter. He has brown eyes and lighter hair, with a double cowlick on the top of his head. His new loves are his sippy cup, walking, mac and cheese or any other table scraps you will give him, soy yogurt, and his brother. He is just adorable.



Our only set back was our allergy testing. We have known since he was around 10 weeks old that he had a milk allergy but other things have concerned us over the months. We confirmed with the allergist through testing that beyond milk, he is allergic to strawberries, weeds, and seems to have a sensitivity to wheat. What is it with this family and allergies? More Zyrtec please!

Ethan, oh Ethan! I can hardly believe he will be three in less than two weeks. It is amazing to me how time passes when you have children. You blink and 1/6 of the time they will spend in your house is gone. I don't know if I can handle this. (sip the wine...ok, I'm good) He is doing so well; such a big boy, such a great big brother, and of course Mommy's little helper man. He is such a thinker though. I hope it is not hereditary and that I have not made him into such a little planner. He knows that Grandma Lucy is coming tomorrow for Easter (we can't wait), his birthday is next (he will tell you, April 12), Grandma and Grandpa Hurford are coming to visit, then the waterpark. We are going to Great Wolf Lodge in May. He also just found out today that we are going to ride Thomas the Train after that. He is so excited about all of his events coming up. I just hope he will sleep with all these little thoughts running through his mind.



I had a revelation this week. Thank you Paige for helping me come to this realization. I am tired of living life waiting for what is next. Patrick and I have been very guilty of this over the last six months or so and have reminded ourselves that you can't buy time and you certainly can't get it back. Whatever life holds for our family, I trust in the Lord and the plan that is before us. In the meantime, we are planning our weekends, enjoying our friends, and missing our families.

No comments: