He is all boy! Flipping on every diaper change, walking, crawling, harrassing the dogs, throwing things, you name it! He is getting better at walking however still falls when turning or when he tries to speed up. He has however finally decided to crawl in the traditional way. He must have figured out it was quicker than the army crawl. He is EVERYWHERE now! Finalizing the babyproofing is first on the agenda for the weekend. He is cutting his top front teeth. One is already through and I think the other will be through tonight- poor little guy, that is always a rough night. He is also following simple commands very well (stand, sit down, find the ball, but your food in your mouth, touch your ears, etc.). It is actually quite fun now and I think quite amazing that this little guy is a functional little person (in some regards). Dinner time is fun now too. He is eating all regular foods and loves it. His favorites are grilled cheese, oatmeal (with apples and cinnamon), spagetti, tilapia, carrots, bananas, pancakes, mac and cheese, and when all else fails soy yogurt. It of course takes twice as long to feed him but it is a fun show to watch.
This past weekend he passed the 9 month date. We still can't believe that he is creeping in on that 1 year birthday. Time Flies!
Nothing much else new. I am working in my new territory, still with Pfizer Anti-Infectives, in the Bronx. For the most part my hospitals are safe. There are only a few I would not go near after dark. My new manager is great. He understands the business and really "gets it". He is very fair, intelligent, and realistic which I appreciate especially being a working Mom.
Patrick is busy, as usual. Things have really picked up recently making for some late nights but he still loves his work.
The dogs are good. I think they wish they didn't have a little brother sometimes but then they change their minds when he gets into the highchair. Yes, Ethan feeds the dogs and finds it extremely funny when they lick his chair or hands (yuck). We are working on keeping them away for the chair while he is eating but they still love getting to clean up the drop zone.
We are looking forward to the long weekend for some family time and hope everyone else has a wonderful weekend.
Ethan graduated from commando crawling to the real deal
An early video of Ethan starting to walk. (Sorry, not a great video. I still havn't figured out how to upload off the video camera. That is where the good video is. )
No comments:
Post a Comment