Thursday, June 11, 2009

I blame Disney...

On Monday the gardeners were here to do their weekly duties and as usual, Ethan was keeping track of their progress. When it was time for the blowers to clean up there was a change to the normal routine. Mr. Mike, the owner, usually runs the blower but Monday one of his young Hispanic workers was on blower duty. Ethan immediately started asking, "Who's that?" I told him it was one of Mr. Mike's workers. He then asked, "What's he doing?" He knew what he was doing but I answered. He once again asked, "Who's that?" Again, I gave my standard answer. He took a moment then turned to me and said, "NO Momma, that's Manny!"

For those of you who don't know, Handy Manny is a cartoon on Disney where Manny is a young Hispanic handyman who fixes anything for anyone. Talk about teaching young children racial stereotyping! Ethan would certainly be dismissed from a Supreme Court nomination for this one. I blame Disney!

No comments: