Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ready for #2

We are all ready for #2. I think Ethan is the most anxious one in this bunch. He understands that his baby brother is in Mommy's belly but is having a hard time with the concept of the wait and understanding that the baby is coming soon. When I leave he asks if I will bring the baby home. When he hears the train he sometimes asks if the baby is on it. Sometimes he asks if he can ride the train to the city to get the baby and every morning he asks if the baby is home yet.

Yesterday we made a countdown train to help him understand when the baby will be here. We remove a ring every morning, before feeding Bo who is doing very well, and I think he understands that when the rings are gone the baby will be here. The only thing that needs to happen now is #2 needs to arrive on or before the due date or my plan is foiled. I think this is working for Ethan because he was able to explain the "Baby Brother Train" to Daddy and Eileen (our sitter). I just think there are too many darn rings left :)



And for all those who are curious... with the recent Jaba the Hut comments and Big Momma references, here is a pic of the ginormous belly. It's worth a good laugh.



37.5 weeks

3 comments:

Paige said...

You look SO cute! I love that little belly. I think if it gets too close to the due dates you'll have to add some extra rings at night while he sleeps so he can keep taking them off. That is such a cute idea. I just might have to steal it!

Steffie B. said...

You look great sweet girl.....and you are not aging one bit.....that happens when you are MY age! ;(

T said...

I love the belly=) You look great!!!