Happy 2nd Birthday Ethan!
The future baller
Happy boy with his Thomas cake
Oh- More Thomas stuff...
The great egg hunt
Ok- so I'm a little behind...
Ethan's 2nd Birthday was very low key this year but very successful. His birthday this year fell on Easter Sunday so we decided to give him a birthday weekend! We predominantly celebrated on Saturday but continued the party on Sunday. Saturday morning Ethan woke up to balloons everywhere, a birthday crown, and the beginning of his presents. His little face was so precious as he rounded the corner coming down the stairs and saw all his decorations. He was beaming from ear to ear!
We did not have a party but Grandma Lucy was here to celebrate for the week and Uncle Brian, Aunt Michele and Baby Oliver came over on Sunday to share Easter dinner, celebrate Ethan's birthday and witness the great Easter Egg Hunt! Ethan loved all of his gifts: his new basketball hoop, picnic table, Thomas the Train tracks, buildings and new cars, bubble mower, and everything else he was spoiled with.
Ethan had a lot of fun blowing out his candles this year. I think we sang "Happy Birthday" about 400 times in two days and the candle is reduced to a stump! He enjoyed his Thomas birthday cake though by digging in to an entire car all by himself! Yes, I made the cake and am happy I did. I will however mention that the cake could have probably fed 20 kids and took about an hour and a half to frost. Thank God he requires eggless cake or I may not put in the effort next year.
It was an exciting fun filled weekend devoted to doing whatever the little man wanted to do. If you ask him now how old he is he will tell you "Four!"- he thinks he is hilarious. He has quite the sense of humor and will happily tell you not only his "age" (he knows he is two), but also that he is a genius. Daddy taught him that.
No comments:
Post a Comment